Keen to have data recovery software but do not want to pay the pricey fee? Did you know that you can actually get free data recovery software out there? So how does one get one of these free software that solves problem when corruption or deletion occurs accidentally or mistakenly?
It does not really matter if you forgot that you might not get back all the lost hard drive data that requires restoration. One should take note that not all the data is guaranteed to be recoverable if it is in the hard drive. The fact is that deleted files are not really deleted completely. The computer will only really “delete” when it needs more file space and it writes over the old deleted data. So when you wait long enough for your computer to overwrite the deleted file, then it would be impossible to get that file back anymore. Free data recovery software can be capable of doing this. However if the disk is physically damaged, then of course the software won’t cut it.
When choosing the right data recovery tool, it is essential to pick one that automatically backs up files regularly. This is the best way to avoid any data loss in the first place. This can be done whether the back up is in an external disk or on one of the computer’s drives. Thus, it will be great if your computer has two instead of the usual one hard drive.
These are the disk or partition cloning and imaging programs. Make sure that the software is reliable before downloading.
* Macrium Reflect Free,
* g4y- Harddisk Image Cloning for PCs,
* PING – Partimage is Not Ghost, Partition Saving
* DriveImage XML
* Clone Maxx
* Dubaron DiskImage
* Forensic Acquisition Utilities
* Ultimate Boot CD
* SystemRescue CD and many more if you just surf the web.
For free hard drive backup and restore software, here is another list:
* BackupPC Open Source Backup
* Microsoft SyncToy
* FreeByte Backup
* Cobian Backup
* Unison File Synchronizer.
These file backup as well as restore specific kinds of files such as Microsoft outlook databases, email, ZIP files, text, pictures etc.
For problems of accidentally deleting something, here is another list.
* For OS with Windows 2000 and above can get NTFS undelete. Software and all files can be retrieved by this.
* PCInspector is for you if you need to get boot sector or hard drive or partition erasure trouble.
* ISObuster gets those corrupted media from any DVD or CD even if it is so scratched up.
* Recuva is a nifty one for those deleted in the recycle bin.
* FreeUndelete program for windows is good for getting back all the network, drive, or floppy disk loss.
* Avira Unerase Personal is another great software for hard drive recovery but it is non-commercial.
These are all but a few examples of the many other free data recovery software available for you out there.