1. If you need Data Recovery Services then don’t run a program such as scan disk, check disk or Norton disk doctor to try to fix your hard drive, floppy disk or zip disk. Running scan disk, check disk or Norton disk doctor to try to fix your hard drive, floppy disk or zip disk can sometimes lower your chances of getting your data back. Running scan disk, check disk or Norton disk doctor to try to fix your hard drive, floppy disk or zip disk can sometimes do more harm than good.
2. If you have deleted files on your hard drive and want to get the deleted files back then you must run a Data Recovery program to recover the deleted files before doing anything else with you computer such as installing programs or De fragmenting your hard drive. Running a Data Recovery program before doing anything else with your computer will give you the best chance at being able to recover your data before it is overwritten. You could also send your hard drive to a Data Recovery Service to recover the deleted files for you instead of using a data recovery program.
3. If your hard drive starts making sounds that it was not making before then make sure to keep all your important data backed up because this could be a sign that your hard drive is going bad. If you do this then when the hard drive goes bad you want have to worry about recovering your data because you will already have a backup.
4. If your computer does not start windows then before you send your hard drive to a Data Recovery service or run a Data Recovery program to try to recover your data you should try starting windows in safe mode and try to disable or uninstall any programs that were recently installed that may have caused the problem of windows not starting. After that then try to restart the computer to see if windows starts. If windows does not start then you will need to think about sending you hard drive to a Data Recovery service to recover your data or trying to run a data recovering program to recover your data.
5. If you are using Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows X P as your operating system and your computer does not start Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows X P then try pressing the F8 key once every second when you turn your computer on. Don’t hold the F8 key down. Pressing the F8 key once every second should show you a menu that you can choose a list of items from. Choose the item that reads Last Known Good Configuration. This can sometimes fix Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows X P so that Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows X P will start.
6. If you use a data recovery program to try and recover your data then you might need to try more than one data recovery program. Different data recovery programs may give you different results. One data recovery program might only be able to recover part of a file or might not be able to recover the file you want recovered.
7. If you need to recover data from a floppy disk that has bad sectors on it then you may need to use the data recovery program that you are using to recover data from the floppy disk more than once to try and recover the data from the floppy disk. Sometimes on the first try the data recovery program may not be able to read any data from the bad sectors on the floppy disk. You may not be able to recover any information from the bad sectors on the floppy disk but reading the bad sectors more than once from the floppy disk gives you the best chance at recovering the most data from the floppy disk. If you think a floppy disk that you are trying to recover has one or more bad sectors then you can use a program to check the floppy disk for bad sectors.
8. Also if your hard drive is using compression software then make sure that the data recovery program you want to use supports the compression program used to compress your hard drive. Windows X P lets you compress you hard drive if you are using the New Technology File System. If the hard drive you want to recover is using the compression built into Windows X P then you need to make sure that the data recovery program you use to recover your files can recover files from hard drives using the built in compression in Windows X P.
9. If you get a Blue Screen of Death or B S O D when booting Windows X P try running check disk from the recovery console. Sometimes this can get you back into windows.
10. If you notice that your computer is operating slow you can try to De frag your hard drive. This will sometimes make your computer operate faster. Also you can try using the System Configuration Utility to disable start up programs and see if this fixes your problem.
11. If you have problems with windows then sometimes you can run System Restore to restore your computer to a time when your computer did not have any problems.